Laughter Yoga is a very powerful wellness tool!
When you generate laughter (for at least 10-15 minutes) through laughter exercises in a class, club, session, or solo practice you can get some pretty amazing physiological and psychological benefits.
Sustained laughter in a Laughter Yoga Session:
- Boosts the immune system: Practicing laughter quickly increases levels of anti-viral and anti-infection cells; our immune system’s first lines of defense against illnesses.
- Increases oxygen intake: Laughter Yoga improves lung capacity and oxygen levels to the blood, circulating more oxygen rich blood throughout our body and brain.
- Releases endorphins and serotonin: These give the body pain relieving effects and the mind a feeling of well-being that helps increase optimism, self-confidence and feelings of happiness and joy.
- Reduces Blood Pressure: Laughter Yoga engages the body’s core muscles and cardiovascular system and can significantly lower systolic and diastolic blood-pressure levels.
- Promotes emotional growth: Social play is critical to the development of social skills and emotional intelligence in children AND ADULTS!
- Relieves stress: Laughter Yoga brings about significant reductions in the stress hormone cortisol and activates the parasympathetic branch of the autonomic nervous system giving us a feeling of energy, alertness, well-being, and joy!